Some things were never remembered to be forgotten and that in itself is a tragedy

I walk into the kitchen looking for something I've already forgotten. Again I had forgotten to pin the task tightly to my short, ordered list of operations. I'm getting too old to be this forgetful. It's probably the weed. You were like this before you smoked.

I stare out the window because the Chihuahua next door scampered by the fence and my lizard brain brought me to full alert. Beneath the window I see a few ants, remains from a colony which had mistakenly found it's way in through the garbage disposal switch and was promptly flushed down the sink through the garbage disposal.

The ants go marching two by two hurrah! played in my head. Oh yeah my phone, I needed music for my shower. And another tiny loop closed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise ending.

Power in Numbers