Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Failure

Failure happens to all of us at some point, no matter how successful we are or how well we prepare for the worst. At some point in life we all fall flat on our faces, metaphorically of course. Unless you are me then it's literal.

What I've come to learn through my failures is to find small successes in those series of events. Even when things are at their worst I try to keep some semblance of positivity about me, because the anxiety and stress that failure carries with it only makes me more prone to failure.

Of course it's important to recognize why I failed and fell on my face, but I have to stand right back up, while the blood off and try again. Nearly nothing great was ever achieved on the first attempt.

Take the moon landing for example. It took several tries, many lost lives and an army of some of the brightest minds on the planet to put Niel Armstrong on our closest celestial bodies.  We could have easily scrapped the program as unfeasible or impractical, but instead we kept working and eventually made that "Giant leap for mankind."

I've failed at most things I've done in the last five years. School, work, women, streaming, writing, you name it I've probably failed doing it. Currently I'm at the lowest point in my life, late on rent and Moving back home to restart. Is it embarrassing? Horribly. It's the type of embarrassment where you don't want to face the day, or your friends and family.

Despite whatever negative emotions I may have, I have to keep going. I have to keep plugging away at my dreams and all of my failures have to be redefined as lessons, because giving in isn't an option. Giving up might be only inexcusable act I can think of. It means I'm weak willed and foolish.

So I'm going to try again, and again and again until I get it right.

No comments :

Post a Comment